Engaged Employees Are Happy Employees
Employees who work for companies that encourage volunteerism report increased job satisfaction, a stronger connection to the community, and a more positive feeling about their employer. Here are three ways to engage your employees in a rewarding and impactful volunteer experience with Big Brothers Big Sisters:
Host a recruitment event
Hundreds of youth in northwestern Michigan are waiting to be paired with a caring adult. Help us share our youth mentoring opportunities with your employees by hosting a recruitment event, such as:
- Lunch & Learn
- Happy Hour
- Company Volunteer Fair
- Customized to fit your company’s culture (intranet, newsletter, poster in staff lounge, etc.)
Volunteer as a corporate group
Our brand new Brighter Futures program offers opportunities for employees to volunteer as a group. The program takes place at nonprofit partner sites. Brighter Futures brings youth to your workplace to learn about careers and opportunities to help young adults develop and achieve their life goals. Bigs staff provide support, coordinate activities, and ensure safety.
Many companies offer a matching gift program to support employees’ volunteer efforts. Contact your employer’s human resources or benefits representative for more information.
Bigs hosts many fundraising, match and recruitment events throughout the year. Your sponsorship helps us offset the costs associated with these events and allows your employees to see our programs in action through one-time volunteer opportunities. We’ll work with you to find the opportunity that fits with your goals, reaches your target audience, and provides meaningful sponsor benefits. Our event sponsorship opportunities fall into three categories:
- Match Events – free events that build and strengthen relationships between Bigs and Littles
- Fundraising Events – our annual Bigs Wine Event, Bigs Golf Event and other events that support our mission
- Recruitment Events – free events that invite those interested in mentoring learn more about our programs and are able to ask any questions they may have
- Volunteer Events – networking and appreciation events help us recognize and retain our volunteers
Culture of Employee Giving
Create a culture of giving at your organization by offering any or all of these opportunities for employees to support BBBS financially:
- Workplace giving program – designate Bigs as an option
- Matching gift programs – employee gifts and volunteer hours
- Host a Peer to Peer Fundraising Event –great employee engagement opportunity
Consider supporting Bigs programs through a grant, a gift toward a specific project, or a gift in kind:
- Grants – inform Bigs about your granting guidelines and process
- Project Support – we’ll work with you to find a project that fits your interests
- Gift In Kind – donate supplies, technology, equipment, etc.
Let’s Connect. It Could Be The Start Of Something Big.
Contact Kris Hoxie, Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231.313.0887.