Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Michigan seeks a Recruitment and Enrollment Specialist who will thrive in a growing organization that is dedicated to positively impacting more youth through high quality mentoring relationships.
For over 50 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Michigan (Bigs) has developed and supported one-to-one mentoring relationships for more than 12,600 children in our five-county region (Antrim, Charlevoix, Emmet, Grand Traverse and Kalkaska). Through our commitment to quality and innovation, our team develops, monitors and sustains caring and supportive, life-changing relationships between adult volunteers (Bigs) and youth (Littles). Our passion for our work has a direct and lasting impact on the lives of our youth and the adults who mentor them.
Create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
All youth achieve their full potential.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Recruitment and Enrollment Specialist will maintain a consistent presence in the five-county service area on behalf of Bigs for the purpose of cultivating, managing and sustaining partnerships with community organizations.
This position will engage potential volunteers and steward them to the point of application and provide a high level of customer service throughout the enrollment process. The candidate must be a skilled presenter; with a strong ability to share Bigs’ mission, and motivate individuals to take action by becoming volunteers. The candidate must be goal driven, organized, and possess great attention to detail and follow-through.
- Works collaboratively with the team to set robust child and volunteer recruitment goals and timelines, including the development of messaging and materials.
- Develop and manage recruitment partners, and create strategies for expanding existing relationships and engaging new partners.
- Enthusiastically advocate and promote the mission of Bigs and make group presentations.
- Develop a system in collaboration with Director of Mentoring to report on progress, identify shortfalls, and develop strategies to ensure volunteer recruitment efforts align with the established timeline for achieving new match goals.
- Build relationships that lead to volunteer engagement opportunities by representing Bigs at relevant community networking and other events/forums and effectively communicate volunteer mentor needs.
- Attends and supports agency program and fundraising events, as appropriate and requested.
Customer Relations and Enrollment
- Responds to all calls and inquiries in a timely manner from potential volunteers and parents and provides appropriate information about program and enrollment.
- Ensure a client-centered approach by stewarding all prospects through the enrollment process.
- Assess whether a potential volunteer is suitable for the program by facilitating reference and background checks. Provide any concerns to Director of Mentoring that might influence eligibility or acceptance into the program.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate and detailed documentation and database records of all interactions, according to Big Brothers Big Sisters standards.
- Accountable for enrollment performance. Monitor and drive operational effectiveness and timeliness using work flow and tracking systems.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, experience in sales, communication, marketing or community development. Must have strong presentation skills. Proficiency in agency data base and Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word and Excel, as well as Google. Must have and maintain a valid US driver’s license along with an exemplary driving record. Employment is contingent upon the results of a comprehensive background check, reference checks and driving record check.
- Skilled presenter with demonstrated ability to move people to action.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage a multitude of tasks with a strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Relationship-building skills with the ability to adjust own interpersonal approach to fit the interpersonal style/needs of others.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills reflecting outstanding customer service.
- Recognizes and acts on opportunities.
- Ability to utilize databases and CRMs to track and report data.
- Consistent desire to seek out new and more effective methods to support processes.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as a team member, and successfully manage shifting priorities and responsibilities.
- Relate effectively with diverse groups of people from varied social and economic segments of the region.
- Able to work evening and weekend hours, manage a flexible schedule and travel regionally.
We make it a priority to invest in our staff and value the importance of a healthy work-life balance by offering a competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Holidays
- Matching 401(K) Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental options)
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Training & Development Programs
Job Responsibilities: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills.
Contents may be subject to change to meet the needs of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Michigan.
If this sounds like the position and organization for you, please submit a cover letter and resume, via EMAIL to email@example.com with “Your Name – Recruitment & Enrollment Specialist” in the subject line
via MAIL to:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern MI
ATTN: Director of Mentoring
900 E Front Street Ste. 125
Traverse City, MI 49686