Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Michigan recently received the 2015 National Quality Award. Out of 370 agencies in the U.S., our local Bigs’ agency is one of 43 agencies across the Country to receive the Quality Award.
The Quality Award recognizes the hard work of agency leadership and staff in providing high-quality programming to the children it serves. Agencies receiving the Quality Award met or exceeded the following goals in 2015:
- Served a minimum of 150 children
- Raised at least $150,000 in revenue
- Achieved a community-based 12-month retention rate of 64% or higher
- Achieved a school-based 12-month retention rate of 41% or higher
- Maintained a match support contact done rate of 90% or higher
Overall, agencies across the Country were recognized in three categories: Pinnacle (top award) Gold Standard (2nd level) and Quality (3rd).
Gold Standard: Goals achieved for Quality Award above, plus:
- Grew the number of End Active Matches
- Increased revenue by 5% or more
The Pinnacle Award goes to agencies that have met all the qualifications for the Gold Standard Award for two or more consecutive years.
There were 16 agencies that received the Gold Standard Award and only 5 agencies to receive the Pinnacle Award.
“We are thrilled about this accomplishment”, said Executive Director, Cecilia Chesney, “we’ve worked really hard to help children in northwestern Michigan, and it feels good to be recognized nationally for our efforts”, she said.