Ready…Set…BOWL for Kids’ Sake!
You’ve got questions? We’ve got Answers!
CAN I STILL REGISTER A TEAM OR AS A VIRTUAL BOWLER? YES! To register on-line, go to Bigsupnorth.com/BowlTC. Select the register as a Bowler button and complete the form. You will be guided through the registration process to participate as an individual or to create a Team. Once your transaction complete, you will receive a confirmation email receipt with a link to your fundraising webpage.
DO I NEED TO PERSONALIZE MY PAGE? People who edit their website to talk about why they are supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters raised a lot more money. It only takes a few minutes to add a picture and a few words.
DO I HAVE TO REGISTER ON-LINE? No. However, please contact Alyssa Bright at 231.946.2447 ext. 219 or firstname.lastname@example.org in order to register you and your team, receive donation pledge sheets and sign up for the celebration. All pledge sheets and donations may be turned in at the time of event check-in.
I AM A TEAM CAPTAIN. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Recruit people to join your team (Maximum 5 per team)
- Encourage team members to raise $125 or more to meet your team goal. You can share information about the impact of Big Brothers Big Sisters in our community. Keep your team informed about incentive prizes, and communicate their success (Jenny just got a $50 donation! Mike exceeded his goal of $200! We are so close to reaching our team goal!)
- Remind your Team Members about the Bowl for Kids’ Sake celebration held at Incredible Mo’s. Confirm which night you have registered – either May 7th or May 8th. Registration & check-in is from 5:00- 6:00 pm. Event officially kicks off around 6:00 pm. All pledge sheets along with any donations collected may be turned in at the time you check-in.
- Have Fun! Join us at the bowling lanes to celebrate your team’s success! Remember, it’s not about how good a bowler you are, it’s celebrating the impact the money your team collected will have on our community!
- Say THANK YOU! Thank your team members for their time and commitment to participate! Don’t forget to say thank you to the people who donated to you! Call or e-mail them after the event to let them know how much money your team raised and thank them for supporting local children!
I NEED SOME QUICK IDEAS ON HOW TO FUNDRAISE. ANY SUGGESTIONS? A great way to connect and receive donations is to reach out to your networks is to send emails and use social media. Use the easy ‘Share Button’ that is already formatted within your fundraising page. And don’t forget about letters and phone calls. Get creative! Need more help? Give us a call 231.946.2447 or email Alyssa Bright at email@example.com! We’re happy to brainstorm a few ideas with you!
HOW CAN I SEE WHO HAS DONATED TO ME AND WHO HAS JOINED MY TEAM? Sign in to your personal fundraising page on Give Effect to view sponsors and teammates.
CAN FRIENDS AND FAMILY MAKE A DONATION TO ME BY GOING THROUGH THE MAIN WEBSITE? Yes. On the home page of the website, friends and family can locate you by clicking on the “Donate to a Bowler” button. By clicking on your name, they will be directed to your personalized pledge page.
CAN MY SPONSORS PAY BY CASH OR CHECK? Sure! Many bowlers find it easier to keep track of checks. You can log your donations onto your pledge sheet and can deliver to our office at any time or when you check-in at your team celebration night held at Incredible Mo’s. We’ll credit the money to your personal fundraising goal.
WHERE DOES THE MONEY RAISED FROM BOWL FOR KIDS’ SAKE GO? 100% of the money raised through Bowl for Kids’ Sake stays here in our community. We depend on the money raised from Bowl for Kids’ Sake to carry out the work of carefully matching children with caring adult mentors and providing ongoing support to the child, volunteer mentor and child’s family. Check out the ‘About Us’ section at Bigsupnorth.com.
HOW CAN I SEE WHO HAS DONATED TO ME?Sign in to your fundraising page on Give Effect. You can then view your donor list and the amounts that have been donated.
ALL OF MY DONORS ARE NOT SHOWING UP. WHY? Some donors prefer to keep their gifts anonymous. When someone makes a donation, they can choose if they would like to have their name, donation amount, and/or a message appear on your personal page.
IS MY INFORMATION SECURE? Yes. Give Effect has made every effort to protect your information. We use industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure that your credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the Internet. We have also installed an encryption engine on our database server so that your data is securely stored.